ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Zoology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE20/09/2021
The Department of Integrative Biology and Biodiversity Research, Institute of Zoology is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate (temporary replacement).
Extent of employment: 40 hours per week
Duration of employment: 20th of September 2021, limited to 16th of July 2022
Workplace: 1180 Vienna
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b, € 3.945,90
We are looking for an ecologist with experience in aboveground biodiversity research, including the design and implementation of large-scale monitoring projects, to replace a researcher who is in paternal leave.
- Design and conduct research projects on biodiversity, preferably biodiversity monitoring
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Take over the teaching responsibilities of the position holder and optionally offer new courses (max. 8 hours per week)
- Participate in administrative activities of the institute
Required skills and qualifications
- Doctoral degree/PhD in biology, zoology, ecology or comparable studies
- Publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Relevant teaching experience
- Experience in the supervision of students
- Experience in the management of research projects and in the acquisition of third-party funds
Applications can be submitted until: 12th of May 2021
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application as a single PDF-file incl.
- motivation letter
- a list of publications and
- a short description of a proposal for a research project focussing on biodiversity monitoring
to Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70, 1190 Vienna; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 85)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 631546
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.