ORGANISATION/COMPANYSofia University St. Kliment Ohridski - GATE institute - Big Data for Smart Society
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringInformation scienceMathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/03/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBulgaria › Sofia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The GATE Institute is a newly established unit at the University of Sofia with a large-scale co-funding by the EU and Bulgarian Ministry of Education under GATE project https://www.gate-ai.eu/.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to algorithms for knowledge discovery, novel methods for big data analysis of information networks and social networks, fairness, accountability, and transparency in learning systems.
Applicants must have a strong interest in the development of algorithms, methods and applications, to discover knowledge from large complex datasets.
For its planned intensive development in 2021, GATE Institute is looking for talented researchers for the following positions:
Experienced researchers (R2), Data Analytics
• Researches and analyzes the landscape of innovative approaches that could significantly contribute to the scientific goals of GATE;
• Performs individual and collaborative research in the area of Big Data and AI;
• Leads and/or contributes to high-quality publications;
• Engages in continuous professional development and keeps up-to-date with the latest Big Data and AI technology trends, takes ownership for and manages own career progression, sets realistic and achievable career goals;
You will join and collaborate within a team of researchers, but will have the freedom to conduct research in any area within the scope and priorities of GATE, creating new visions for the future;
You will be provided with numerous opportunities for learning, knowledge exchange and career development, locally and internationally;
Your research will be supported by an advanced research infrastructure, comprising of the GATE platform and Open Innovation Labs;
You will have a flexible work schedule and, upon the move to the new premises of GATE – modern and appealing work environment, stirring up creativity and productivity;
You will be provided with competitive working conditions and salary commensurate with your skills and experience.
To apply for these positions, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
A CV detailing previous employments and qualifications.
A Personal letter of 1-2 pages where you:
Describe your past participation in research and main research results
Describe your future goals and future research focus.
Copies of diplomas for completed education.
Copies of other diplomas and certificates of qualification.
Copies of documents certifying past work experience in the relevant field.
Interviews with the selected applicants will be held online.
By applying for these positions, you voluntarily provide your personal data and consent to be processed for the purpose of recruitment and selection of personnel. The processing of your personal data shall be carried out in accordance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Personal Data Protection Law and related legal acts in Bulgaria.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• A PhD Degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related technical field or a Master’s Degree plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant research experience;
• A scientific contribution, through original research, innovation or application, evidenced by publications, software output, technology transfers etc.;
• Publication track record in reputable scientific journals or conferences will be in advance.
• Knowledge and skill in data science and/or artificial intelligence areas such as machine learning and natural language processing.
• Strong programming skills.
• Experience in data management disciplines such us: data modelling, integration and clearing.
• Comfortable working as part of a team;
• Experience in working with large datasets will be considered as a strong advantage;
• Good communication and presentation skills to be able to explain the value of their research;
EURAXESS offer ID: 609843
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.