ORGANISATION/COMPANYSofia University St. Kliment Ohridski - GATE institute - Big Data for Smart Society
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringInformation scienceMathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/03/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBulgaria › Sofia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The GATE Institute is seeking to appoint Researchers in 3D City Modeling, Analysis and Simulation, who will be intricately involved in the GATE City Digital Twin project. It is a large interdisciplinary flagship project aims at developing a digital twin platform for designing, testing, applying and servicing the entire lifecycle of the built environment. This ambitious research project will be developed for the first time in Bulgaria. Crucial to its success is the building of semantically enriched 3D model of a city and the further development of the underlying scientific methods and technologies to facilitate the simulation and analysis of city scenarios (urban planning and design, infrastructure development, buildings’ energy performance, air and noise pollution, etc.). Specific semantics will be developed that address city-scale simulation requirements. This may include the development of new or contributions to emerging Application Domain Extensions for CityGML, meaningful integration of data from heterogeneous sources and semantically enrichment with additional data (e.g., social data), design and implementation of relational (i.e., PostGIS) or a graph database (i.e., Neo4j) to store and import/export geospatial data.
We are looking for junior and experienced researchers to build a multidisciplinary team that will go beyond to development of digital replicas and visualizations. The team with a diverse and flexible skillset should explore the full potential of integration of data from all stages of urban development and solving complex problems in urban modelling, simulation, analysis and visualization.
Experienced researchers (R2) - AI in Urban planning and design
• Develop new methods and algorithms for processing and analysis of data (including geo-spatial and spatial-temporal data) originated from multiple distributed sources (cadastral data, satellite images, point clouds);
• Innovative application of Artificial Intelligence methods (Machine Learning, etc.) for urban planning and design.
• Contribute to development of 3D models that combine geometric details, rich semantics and spatial relationships;
• Scientific paper writing;
• Engage in appropriate training and development opportunities.
You will join and collaborate within a team of researchers, but will have the freedom to conduct research in any area within the scope and priorities of GATE, creating new visions for the future;
You will be provided with numerous opportunities for learning, knowledge exchange and career development, locally and internationally;
Your research will be supported by an advanced research infrastructure, comprising of the GATE platform and Open Innovation Labs;
You will have a flexible work schedule and, upon the move to the new premises of GATE – modern and appealing work environment, stirring up creativity and productivity;
You will be provided with competitive working conditions and salary commensurate with your skills and experience.
To apply for these positions, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
A CV detailing previous employments and qualifications.
A Personal letter of 1-2 pages where you:
Describe your past participation in research and main research results
Describe your future goals and future research focus.
Copies of diplomas for completed education.
Copies of other diplomas and certificates of qualification.
Copies of documents certifying past work experience in the relevant field.
Interviews with the selected applicants will be held online.
By applying for these positions, you voluntarily provide your personal data and consent to be processed for the purpose of recruitment and selection of personnel. The processing of your personal data shall be carried out in accordance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Personal Data Protection Law and related legal acts in Bulgaria.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• A PhD Degree in computer science, geoinformatics/geomatics, engineering, or in a related discipline or a Master’s Degree plus a minimum of 4 years industry-based relevant research experience;
• Experience in utilizing machine learning methods;
• Familiarity with satellite images and point clouds data processing and analysis;
• Experience working with scripting and programming using Python, Java, C++, Scala, R, or other and parsing JSON, XML, CSV, and fixed-width data formats;
• Familiarity with GIS and 3D standards such as CityGML, CityJSON, IFC;
• Familiarity with GIS software tools and platforms, including but not limited to ArcGIS, AutoCAD, PostGIS or QGIS.
• Solid oral/written communication and presentation skills in order to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to coworkers and peers;
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments, and a deep desire to find ways to create value and deliver results.
• Fluent English is a must.
EURAXESS offer ID: 609836
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.