ORGANISATION/COMPANYSabanci University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Control engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/03/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONTurkey › ISTANBUL
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK45
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
SUNUM is a Nanotechnology Research and Application Centre hosted by Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey. It is one of four Centers in the country that have recently been granted a special endorsement by the Turkish Ministry of Development as a National Research Centre of Excellence.
Its research focus is the intersection of four vertical thematic areas, namely, Life Sciences, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Water & Environment with the horizontal theme of Nanomaterials and Nanosystems.
SUNUM's mission is to excel as a Centre of Excellence for multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary Nanotechnology research and development studies, offering global nano-technological solutions to societal challenges, creating socio-economic added-value through commercialization of research results by exploiting synergies and long-term strategic partnerships with stakeholders while contributing to the training of high caliber researchers.
Further details about the Center and its research activities can be found at https://sunum.sabanciuniv.edu/
SUNUM is looking for a Technical Specialist from Electronics/Mechanical Engineering background, who will work as a part of a team for the advanced analysis of various samples from different disciplines of science and technology.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Installation and calibration of sensors (biochemical, thermal, pressure etc.) and actuators (electric motors)
- Measurement of flow fields using Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV), followed by processing and analysis of large data sets
- Develop the available visualization techniques (thermal, acoustic, resistance, thin films) for the micro/nano scale phenomena
- Build Data Acquisition Systems for experimental data (temperature, pressure , voltage, resistance)
- Signal/Data Processing (Images, temperatures, resistance, voltage, pressures)
- Train scholars on high speed cameras, thermal cameras, laser diagnostics and PIV
- Develop and conduct experimental setups for particle imaging based experiments, imaging phase change phenomena and other kinds of experimentation in micro/nano scale.
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance, development and improvement of the experimental facilities mainly laser diagnostics and visualization systems
- Evaluate and report results for short term and long term projects
- Communicate with partners from academia and industry
- Experience in PCB design,
- Experience in PID control.
- Ability to develop microcontroller, microprocessor.
- Experience in heat control
- Programming skills in Solidworks, MATLAB, C, Python, or similar packages.
- Experience with state-of-the-art experimental fluid mechanics measurements (e.g., high-speed imaging, dynamic pressure measurements, hot-wire, particle image velocimetry, laser-Doppler anemometry).
- Familiar with the processes required for the fabrication of the microfluidic devices in the cleanroom.
- Experience with Data Acquisition Software (such as Labview)
- Self-motivated and open for learning
- Ability to work independently or in groups
- Experience in creative problem solving and innovative solutions
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to use written and spoken English fluently
- BS in Electronic, Mechatronic, Control or Mechanical Engineering, Physics or fields are preferred.
- M.S. in Electronic, Mechatronic, Control or Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related fields are preferred.
- PhD in Electronic, Mechatronic, Control or Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related fields are preferred.
Qualified candidates from all nationalities are invited to apply with a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter to email@example.com with e-mail subject “Life Sciences Specialist Job Application”.
Application Deadline 20 March 2020
EURAXESS offer ID: 496048
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.