RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/03/2020 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is looking for an database manager to work on the LIFECYCLE project. LIFECYCLE is a european research project (funded through the EU H2020 programme, Grant Agreement Number 733206) which will establish the EuroCHILD Cohort Network, bringing together existing, successful pregnancy and child cohorts and biobanks, to generate new integrated data on early life stressors related to socio-economic, migration, urban environment and life-style determinants. Ultimately, LIFECYCLE will lead to a unique sustainable EuroCHILD Cohort Network, and provide recommendations for targeted prevention strategies by identification of novel markers of early life stressors related to health trajectories throughout the lifecycle.
Main duties and tasks:
- Mental Health Data harmonization of all participant cohorts.
- Carry out data cleaning and quality control.
- Statistical analysis.
- Contribution to preparation of deliverables for all WPs.
- Duration: 1 year (renewable).
- Part time contract.
- Starting date: 5st of march 2020.
Applicants must fill in the request form and attach the CV and a cover letter, including the following reference: “Epi_LIFECYCLE_Feb20”. Each document must include the candidate name and surname. The receipt of applications will be open until March, 5th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard.
- Strong organization and team-working skills.
- Professional attitude with attention to details.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker.
- Educated to diploma level in biostatistics, bioinformatics or related topics.
- Experience in processing and managing of complex data.
- Experience with relevant software packages: SPSS, STATA, R, SQL-Server, MySQL, PostGreSQL.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
EURAXESS offer ID: 495515
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.