ORGANISATION/COMPANYINSTITUT D&amp;#039;INVESTIGACIO CONTRA LA LEUCÈMIA JOSEP CARRERAS
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Badalona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
PhD POSITION - EPIGENETIC CONTROL OF HAEMATOPOIESIS
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a nonprofit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukaemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multidisciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The team of José Luis Sardina at the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is looking for a highly motivated researcher at the PhD student level to help them to uncover how mutations in the main DNA methylation modifiers (including DNMT3A and TET2) reshape the chromatin during leukemic cell fate decisions.
Project: Uncovering the regulation of chromatin structure by TET2 during leukemic cell fate decisions To tackle this project, we will use state of the art genome-wide profiling techniques (such as Bisulfite-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, and RNA-seq) coupled with functional screens based on genome and epigenome editing tools (CRISPR-Cas9 technology).
Please also visit our group webpage: http://www.carrerasresearch.org/en/epigenetic-control-of-haematopoiesis_...
What we need
- Master title (or equivalent) in Biomedical Sciences.
- Competitive academic record.
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Fluent in English
- Previous research experience in:
- Molecular biology: Cloning, nucleic acid isolation, PCR, Western blot…
- Cell biology: Cell culture, primary cell isolation, transfection, infection, immunofluorescence, Flow Cytometry…
- Animal work: Accreditation required.
- Advanced level in data analysis (Excel, R, Phyton…).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
What we offer
- A 4-year postdoctoral position at the Epigenetic control of haematopoiesis, funded by the Worldwide Cancer Research.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Contract details will be negotiated and take into account the track record of the candidate.
- Start date: March 2020
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application by February 28th, 2020.
EURAXESS offer ID: 494832
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.