ORGANISATION/COMPANYSabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2020 20:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONTurkey › ISTANBUL
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK45
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
SUNUM is a Nanotechnology Research and Application Centre hosted by Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey. It is one of four Centers in the country that have recently been granted a special endorsement by the Turkish Ministry of Development as a National Research Centre of Excellence.
Its research focus is the intersection of four vertical thematic areas, namely, Life Sciences, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Water & Environment with the horizontal theme of Nanomaterials and Nanosystems.
SUNUM's mission is to excel as a Centre of Excellence for multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary Nanotechnology research and development studies, offering global nano-technological solutions to societal challenges, creating socio-economic added-value through commercialization of research results by exploiting synergies and long-term strategic partnerships with stakeholders while contributing to the training of high caliber researchers.
Further details about the Center and its research activities can be found at https://sunum.sabanciuniv.edu/
The person appointed will work on diverse, cutting edge projects focusing on the application of nanotechnology and molecular techniques to crop breeding and agricultural biotechnology. This will involve designing and carrying out experiments in the laboratory and the greenhouse under the supervision of SUNUM researchers, in order to fulfill the needs and expectations of industrial partners in the Turkish food and agriculture sector. Excellent laboratory skills, teamworking, communication skills and the ability to complete tasks efficiently and meet deadlines are essential.
If you are to be appointed for this role you will:
- Have a Masters or Doctorate degree in Agricultural Engineering, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology & Genetics or a related subject
- Have research experience (demonstrated by publications, conference presentations etc) in one or more of the following areas:
- Crop molecular breeding
- Molecular marker development and genotyping
- QTL mapping and validation
- Association mapping or genomic selection
- Generating and analyzing next-generation sequencing data
- Be comfortable both with hands-on experimental work and computational analysis of large datasets
- Be able to summarize and report the results of experiments clearly and precisely
- Fluency in the Turkish language is essential for this role. A high level of English would be advantageous.
- Previous experience working in the agriculture/food industry in a research & development role would also be highly desirable.
Qualified candidates from all nationalities are invited to apply with a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter to email@example.com with e-mail subject “FAWE-Technical Specialist Job Application”.
EURAXESS offer ID: 494827
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.