ORGANISATION/COMPANYSabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/04/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONTurkey › ISTANBUL
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK45
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
SUNUM is a Nanotechnology Research and Application Centre hosted by Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey. It is one of four Centers in the country that have recently been granted a special endorsement by the Turkish Ministry of Development as a National Research Centre of Excellence.
Its research focus is the intersection of four vertical thematic areas, namely, Life Sciences, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Water & Environment with the horizontal theme of Nanomaterials and Nanosystems.
SUNUM's mission is to excel as a Centre of Excellence for multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary Nanotechnology research and development studies, offering global nano-technological solutions to societal challenges, creating socio-economic added-value through commercialization of research results by exploiting synergies and long-term strategic partnerships with stakeholders while contributing to the training of high caliber researchers.
Further details about the Center and its research activities can be found at https://sunum.sabanciuniv.edu/
SUNUM is looking for a Life Sciences (Biology) specialist who will work as a part of a team for the advanced analysis of various samples from different disciplines of science and technology.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the activities in Cell Culture and Biology laboratories
- Prepare samples for Light Microscopy (Fluorescent and Confocal Microscopy)
- Conduct analysis on Fluorescent and Confocal Microscopes
- Train scientists on the operation of microscopy
- Conduct short research projects in the field of Biology, Biochemistry, Bionanotechnology and in related multidisciplinary fields
- Evaluate and report results for short term and long term projects
- Communicate with partners from academia and industry
- Self-motivated and open for learning
- Ability to work independently or in groups
- Experience in creative problem solving and innovative solutions
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to use written and spoken English fluently
- B.S. in Biology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biomedical Engineering or related fields
- M.S. in Biology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biomedical Engineering or related fields is preferred
- PhD in Biology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biomedical Engineering or related fields is preferred
Qualified candidates from all nationalities are invited to apply with a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with e-mail subject “Life Sciences Specialist Job Application”.
Application Deadline 03 April 2020
EURAXESS offer ID: 489761
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.